Predictions Besiktas vs AS Monaco – 2 November 2017
Besiktas will undergo this fight in the hope of qualifying for the next round for the first time, leaving AS Monaco struggling to get into the top two in Group G.
The Turkish side managed to collect 9 points with a win in the third game, and another victory would lead Besiktas into the last 16 for the first time. Even a draw is enough.
Besiktas took a 5-point lead at the top after winning Porto in the opening game and then Leipzig’s next game in Istanbul, before a victory at Stade Louis II.
Leonardo Jardim’s team only pocketed one point and must suffer a defeat in the last 2 matches, 3-0 down from Porto having previously drawn a 1-1 draw with Leipzig.
Data and Facts Besiktas vs AS Monaco:
– Besiktas has never lost at home in the face of the French team and won three matches between them.
– His latest record was in the face of Olympique Lyonnais when winning a quarter-final round match closed with a penalty shootout which ended in a 7-6 score.
– The Black Eagles never recorded clean sheet results at home while welcoming the arrival of the French team.
– The Turkish giants have won 4 home games, conquered Leipzig 2-0 and have never lost a defeat in 10 matches in Istanbul.
– Besiktas only earned 3 draws in the group stage last season, and also recorded 4 success at home in the Champions League, before defeating Leipzig.
– 2016/2017 season, Besiktas was ranked 3rd in the group and immediately competed in the Europa League, where they reached the quarter-finals before losing to Lyon.
– French giants face Fenerbahce in the third game of group qualification, losing 2-1 in Turkey, but winning 3-1 at home to take them to the semi-finals.
– Jardim’s team, winning the title of Ligue 1 champion in May, must lose 4 out of 8 away games in the past season, winning 3 matches and 4 draws.
– This season is the 8th time Monaco is present in the Champions League group stage. Became a finalist in 2004, then also appeared in 1994, 1994 and 2017.
– Last season, the Ligue 1 champion last season was able to set aside teams of Manchester City and Borussia Dortmund to get to the semi-finals. However, it must be stopped when it was subdued from the hands of Juventus.
– Caner Erkin will not perform in this match because it must serve the punishment.
– Besiktas have not lost for 32 home games in the Turkish Super League, which began in November 2015 ago.
– Djibril Sidibe must also be absent in this fight because of still have to undergo one more penalty.
– Monaco ended his victory drought by beating SM Caen 2-0 at home, where Keita Balde opened the scoreboard while scoring his first goal for the team.
– Radamel Falcao has bagged 16 goals in 17 games with his club and country during this season.
– Falcao also scored more than two goals in 4 matches this season, and his latest record was when he contributed 2 goals in a 4-0 win over Lille on 22 September.
– Guido Carrillo and Ghezzal should be absent from the third match against Besiktas.
– Jovetic returned from a thigh injury in the 82nd minute at the weekend while winning the game against Bordeaux.